In order to obtain a private applicator permit, please refer to Alabama Cooperative Extension System’s website at OR contact your local extension office.  A list of extension offices can be found here:

Once you have taken the private applicator training and passed the exam, please submit to the Alabama Department of Agriculture your completed application and appropriate documents and/or fees (see application for specific instructions as it varies according to which of the three options you choose to take your training/test).

If you need to request a replacement card for a lost or stolen card, please complete the Request for Replacement Private Applicator Permit form and submit it to the address on the form.

To inquire about the status of a private applicator permit application that has been submitted to the Alabama Department of Agriculture, please contact Dorothy Gresham at (334)240-7286 or by email at