The Alabama State Diagnostic Laboratories are open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. The laboratories are closed for normal business on Saturday and Sunday, and on State and Federal Holidays, listed below.
After-hours submission of an animal for necropsy is available at the Auburn laboratory. Call 334-321-8700 to arrange to meet the security gate attendant and obtain assistance with submitting the animal and completing the necessary forms.
Options for Holidays and Weekends
- Small animals may be adequately held by packing in a cooler with several bags of ice, and then submitted during normal business hours.
- Other fresh tissue specimens and blood samples should be held refrigerated or chilled on ice.
- Out-of-state animal owners should contact veterinary diagnostic laboratories in their state of residence for necropsy services.
- Commercial courier services do not deliver to the Auburn laboratory on weekends or holidays.
- Package mail is not processed for diagnostic testing on weekends or holidays.