The Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries is committed to protecting consumers in all aspects of commerce. Whether in the grocery store, at the gas pump, or when hiring a pesticide company, the Department is determined to assure the quality and safety of the product you are purchasing. Our mission is to provide you with fairness in the marketplace and to insure the safety of the food you eat.
We touch the lives of EVERY
- Our food safety inspectors pull samples for testing from an assortment of products including: meat, dairy products, baby food/formula, seafood, eggs, and produce. (We also test over-the-counter drugs.)
- The weights and measures division tests every weighing and measuring device used in commerce.
- We certify Farmers Markets throughout the state of Alabama to implement the SNAP program.
- Our pesticide section assures safety in the selling, use, and application of pesticides in the State of Alabama.
- Our plant insures the integrity of commercially grown plants in the State of Alabama. We also control and eradicate harmful exotic plants and pests that could destroy our horticulture industry.
Explore the links below to locate the information you need or use our site search here